Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Surviving week 2 at the CCM

Hola familia y amigos!

Our progressing investigator I was worried about is now our teacher.  I cried when I found out because I was embarrassed.  It is so awesome, though. "Esdras" aka Hermano Candia used fake teeth and drew on a uni-brow when he was our investigator.  Hahaha!  He is the best!!!! SO funny.  However, our third lesson with him was awesome.  I cried during it because after telling him about the First Vision, he said he was tired.  Uh, WHAT!  In that moment I realized how badly I wanted him to feel what I feel.  We got a new investigator on Monday and he is actually our morning teacher.

I have played a lot of ping pong since I have been here. I’m gonna be a pro by the end of this six weeks.. Oh my gosh, I love it. 

Short story. This elder (Elder Hammon) kept going on and on and on about a B on a mountain because here in Mexico there is a literal B on a mountain. We mock it all the time and I love it.  He is so funny and says the strangest things.

On Sunday, we watched Testaments. LOVE THAT MOVIE.

We went to the temple today! We weren’t able to go in and do a session because the temple is closed for cleaning.

Yesterday we had a service activity and we had to clean the windows... well..... sweep the windows.  While I was sweeping one, a guy came over and jumped in front of it and I screamed. We saw him later and he said he was genuinely sorry. I didn’t care, I thought it was hilarious.

Today our P-Day schedule was switched around for a special devotional given by President Clarke, a member of the Quorum of the Seventy, and I sang in the CCM choir today! So fun. FRONT ROW SEATS AUTOMATICALLY.  Woo!
My district is FABULOUS.   I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. My district has gotten so close.  I found out a lot about a couple people and it makes me realize how truly blessed I am. Although I love everyone so much, we are having problems with the companionship that lives with me and my companion. They aren’t getting along too well, and that stinks because they are the female zone leaders. 
It shouldn’t affect us, but it does and it stinks. 

On Sundays we watch a goodbye slideshow of those leaving. My district was getting so upset because that will be us in 4 weeks.  We spend so much time together!

Our schedule here is very strict, and our days blend together.   Always somewhere to be, however, during language study at night, its usually.... “Let’s talk and get to know our district better.”  Hehe

Yesterday we got donuts and juice from my Grandma and Grandpa!  My district appreciated that!!  

**There is a company that you can order through to send goodies to your missionaries since they ask you not to mail packages ~Angie**

My favorite quote this week was during the devotional today: "If you go out and help Gods children, you have the right to have Him help your family.”

I love you all! Praying for you all!! Love hearing from you!!
Hermana Orchard


The district LOVED the donuts & juice Grandma and Grandpa sent us!
Picture in front of the temple!






We follow Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment