Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Making Bunuelos and visiting Salt Lake City for Light of Nations

Hola!
What a WEEK. I can honestly say it was 10x better than the first week out. The language is tough, but I was never expecting it to be easy!
Earlier this week, we visited with a less active. We made bunuelos (kinda tastes like a churro... Or so my comp says...) and the woman we visited kept joking about how I am "not American.." because, let's be honest, I'm a BEAST at rolling out tortillas. They were awesome and we took a bunch home. We are fed quite often- every night for dinner, so it's always nice to rely on that. Sometimes we are just given money to go out to eat.
Friday was a BLAST. We took an investigator to Salt Lake for Luz de Las Naciones (Light of the Nations). It's a Hispanic Cultural event and although I didn't understand all the words that were being sung, the songs were beautiful and the dancing was so interesting! I had a ton of fun and it's always nice to see the Salt Lake Temple, as well as the lights at Temple Square. Lulu (the person that took us to SLC) bought us dinner and hot chocolate, too! I saw Hermana Winks (from my district in the CCM), as well as the Mission President, his counselors, and their wives. One of the counselors calls me Hermana Huerta (Orchard en Espanol) and he's trying to get me to respond to it.
We have done A LOT of tracting (knocking on doors and finding people to teach) this week. We run into some.. Interesting people... Some people are so rude (yes, in UTAH. Haha just kidding) and so strange..
However, there are a ton of nice people. I'm meeting so many different kinds of people and I kinda sorta love it.  I learn a lot from them.
We don't have very many people we are teaching, so my companion is a bit stressed. I don't know anything different, so I'm okay for now. A couple of our investigators told us to stop coming, so that was heartbreaking. It's getting easier to understand the language... But Istill have a long way to go.  :)
There is a FABULOUS talk called His Grace is Sufficient by Brad Wilcox. I read it a couple months ago and I read it again yesterday and I love it.
Also, some of you may have seen, but I posted a video on Facebook called He is the Gift. It's a video the church released and I LOVE IT. We share it pretty often with a bunch of different people. It's so important to remember that Christmas isn't about the gifts... It's about Christ. If you haven't seen it, please go watch it.  ;)
I love you all! Sorry I don't have any pictures this week!
Have an AWESOME week,
Love,
Hermana Orchard


No comments:

Post a Comment