Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year!

Hello family and friends!

This letter won't be too long, so I am so sorry about that!

I am so grateful for all your support and letters and AH. I have an incredible support system and I for sure could not do it without ya'll.

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEARS. I can't believe 2015 is HERE. It's so crazy to think that 2015 is my mission year. This whole year is going to be dedicated to serving the Lord ;) I'm determined to make this a year to remember, so I am excited to see what this new year will bring. I hope you all make it a year to remember!

For New Years, we got together with the missionaries in our zone. We planned on playing Capture the Flag, but it was way too cold and dark, so we did games and stuff inside. It was nice to hang out with other missionaries, but the best part was... I GOT TO WEAR JEANS. I was happy about this because it was the first time on my mission. HA! It was actually pretty weird.

We have done a bit of teaching this week and we have found a couple of new people to teach. It was pretty exciting. Sister Lucas has been with us for about a week now because her companion went home. She is an incredible missionary and we've loved having her out with us!

Transfers are tomorrow! After this week, I will have officially been in Utah longer than Mexico. AH. WHAT IN THE WORLD. My companion and I are both staying in Roy, so here's to another 6 weeks here! This morning we had transfer breakfast with our zone. Last time meeting together as a zone! The plus side is that our district is basically staying the same :)

I watched a Mormon Message this week called The Will of God, based off a talk from Elder Christofferson, called "As Many as I Love, I Rebuke and Chasten."
I also read the talk, but both are INCREDIBLE. I strongly suggest going and
watching the video
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8xvw0cgw0 )
or reading the talk!
( https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/as-many-as-i-love-i-rebuke-and-chasten?lang=eng )

There's a scripture Elder Christofferson uses in his talk from the Book Of Mormon,

Mosiah 23: 21-22

"Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith.

 Nevertheless—whosoever putteth his trust in him the same shall be lifted up at the last day......"

LOVE THIS TALK & I know you can all get something from it.

I love you all! PRAYING FOR YOU ALWAYS.

Thank you for all you do!

Hermana Orchard



Icicle fighting!

JUMPING!!!



(From back) Hermana Nava, Orchard and Lucas




(back)Elder Vincent, Alsterberg & Ambrose
Elder Knudson

Giving the companion a piggy back ride!

With Sisters Lucas, Sekona, and Kingsford

Sister training leader Kingsford and I

With Zone Leader Elder Salazar

No comments:

Post a Comment