Wednesday, September 17, 2014

ONE MONTH.

With one month to go until I report to the MTC, I figured I'd get this blog up & going! :)

Important dates regarding my mission:

May 14th, 2014 Submitted my papers.
May 21st, 2014 CALL HAS BEEN ASSIGNED.
June 2nd, 2014 Mission call arrived!
June 7th, 2014 Opened Mission Call!
Before opening my call, I was SO nervous. There were a lot of people there to watch me open it. Seeing everyone there made me feel incredibly loved, and completely overwhelmed. However, I finally read my mission call!
"Sister Orchard, 
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the UTAH OGDEN MISSION. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the MEXICO Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, October 15, 2014. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the SPANISH language."
  I already knew that this is where I was supposed to be! I get the out of the country experience, as well as being in the states. (More packages from home!) Although I took Spanish in High School, I don't know near as much as I'd like to, so I am excited to learn Spanish! 

-Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment